Welcome to A Circle of Books.

Please visit Toni/CoolpinkOne (ME!!) at my new blog:

WWW.THE SOAPYVIOLINIST.BLOGSPOT.COM

Hello and welcome to my book blog. This blog is dedicated to books everywhere and the people who write and read them. Thank you for stopping by.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Upcoming events - A Circle of Books

Happy First Wednesday in December 2009!

I haven't had a lot of blog content lately so I thought I would check in. I mean just because I don't have a giveaway, a mailbox to share or a review, I hope some (one or two ) will pop in and read... pretty please.

I wanted to just post. It is always a bit strange when a blog gets quiet a for a while and then we wonder if they are coming back.... and if the days of that particular blog are gone....sigh... well... Fat chance you'd be rid of me! Aha! I did want to check in and share what I am reading, and what is coming up for my blog.

I am reading:

Breaking Dawn (Finally)

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (Kindle)

and I am listening to:

Olive Kitteridge (Audible)



I should have reviews for everyone in the next weeks to come.

I will have an exciting audio giveaway that should post on Friday as well as The Bell Jar giveaway. So be on the look out for some great stuff.

I have a pile of TBR review copies that I intend to read and review in January and February. Better late than never. I hope to post some of these books on my side bars and decorate the blog a bit with the books in my life. My own little circle of books.

What are you reading? I am behind in my google reader and my own blog reading. Do you have anything you want to share? Post a link to this post and I will be sure to check it out. Non-bloggers, I'd love to hear from you too. Post links to anything your like to share, kid, dog, horse.... you name it.

I also wanted to say that I have listened to two fun interviews in the past week on Blog Radio. Jenn from Jenn's Book Shelves and Amy from My Friend Amy's Blog did a great job. It was really tremendous fun to join the chat and listen. ( I need to link you up with some details on this later).

I am going to select a challenge for 2010. So I will be scanning around for one that will also be of some use to my TBR piles and fun.

I can't seem to keep up on Twitter, Facebook, Google reader, my own blog, emails, and my knitting blog (which requires actually knitting to be done). Actually, I do keep up well enough. What I am saying is that I have come to the conclusion that I can't keep up like some of you remarkable bloggers. 2010 is my year to just exist within the confines of my own schedule and limitations and to just enjoy this fun process of reading and blogging minus the panic.


Happy week to you.

12 comments:

Jo-Jo said...

I'm so glad to hear from you Toni! I can't wait to see where the next year of blogging takes me too.

bermudaonion said...

I've had to really cut back on my Twitter time. I could sit on there and chat all day, but then, of course, I'd get nothing else done. Just do what feels right to you.

Darlene said...

I really need to read Breaking Dawn as well, preferably before I totally forget the other books. I'm not too far in Olive yet but getting there.

I have trouble keeping up these days too. This is the first time in ages I'm blog visiting.

Nikki Sohal said...

How is Pride & Prejudice & Zombies? I almost picked it up one day but got another book instead (The Weight of Silence by Heather Gudenkauf, which was pretty good). Happy Breaking Dawn reading!

Serena said...

There you are! I'm behind in Google reader as well, but that's to be expected with all the blogs posting and the offline status over the holiday.

Breaking Dawn eh?! How do you like it? I hated it!

Oh, and as for announcements, the next War Through the Generations Reading Challenge for 2010 has been posted here: http://warthroughthegenerations.wordpress.com/current-challenge-and-sign-up-info-2010/

It's the Vietnam War this coming year. I hope you'll join us. I'll probably make an announcement on my blog about it soon. I've been really focused on that rather than my own blog. LOL

Ti said...

I read blogs every other day now unless I see something fantastic that I have to read right then and there.

What am I reading?? I love that question. I just finished In a Perfect World and Forgetting English. Both reviews are posted. I am now reading:

When She Flew
Under the Dome
Finn
The Things That Keep Us Here

LOL. I am laughing over my word verification word which is "REEDN"

Michele said...

I for one appreciate it when blogs aren't posting a dozen things a day, LOL. And I'm still here reading what you post!

I've got PP&Z on my kindle, too, but haven't read it yet.....meant to, but you know how that goes.

Can't wait to see what you think of Olive Kitteridge....I've got a copy of it and my mother-in-law keeps bugging me to read it....evidently it was a big hit with her bookclub, which is saying something because those gals can't agree on anything.

What am I reading? Well, I'm working on Tara French's second novel, The Likeness. Only because I love the manner in which she writes (her plots need work, tho). I'm usually reading a non-fiction at the same time (this one's a political one on the history of Afghanistan) and of course, I keep an audio book for in the car, The Book of Unholy Mischief, which I am absolutely LOVING.

And for what it's worth, I have yet to find a way to juggle a family, full time work, blogging and all the social networking. I'm trying this thing now of downloading Google Reader to my iPhone to be better able to read things "on the go" but reading and actually responding to all the great stuff out there in blogland is difficult at best.

If someone finds the secret to it all, please share.

Kaye said...

Hi Toni, there is no way we would let you go. We would hunt you down until you tell us what you are reading. Ha ha. I've been trying to play catch up myself after being in MA and ME for 2 weeks.

Right now I am working on my self imposed challenge of reading some books about Russia that have been languishing on my shelves for too long. I started Nicholas and Alexandra by Robert K. Massie and am loving it so far.

Have a great week also.

Jenny Girl said...

Hey girl! How are you? Hope this finds you well. I am hosting and have joined several challenges for 2010 that may suit your needs. Stop by and check them out when you get a chance.
Curious to see what you think of Braking Dawn. Now that it has been over a year for me....well my opinions have changed since I read it. Enjoy all your reading and post when you can. We love you however you post :)

Ladytink_534 said...

I wasn't that crazy about Breaking Dawn but a lot of people loved it. Happy reading!

I just started The Ghost and the Femme Fatale by Alice Kimberly.

Toni said...

Jo-Jo - I am excited for 2010 also. After almost a year and a half of book blogging I am finding what I want to put on my blog and getting the hang of it. Best of luck in 2010.

Kathy - I love Twitter also. I always feel I pop in and out and that I am not in the loop as I would like to be. My job isn't one where I can focus on Twitter. I am likely to pop in on my lunch hour or in the evenings. But I still do love it when I do.

Dar - I am enjoying Breaking Dawn. I wanted to wrap it up..and then maybe I don't ..sigh.

Nikki- So nice of you to visit. I am getting a chuckle out of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I will look into The Weight of Silence. Thanks for the recommendation.

Serena - Awesome about the challenges and thank you for posting. The jury is still out with Breaking Dawn.....

Ti - I love the word verification... Your reviews were great. Thanks... and thanks for the heads up on what you are reading.

Michelle - Olive Kitteridge is every bit of what I could ask for in a Pulitzer Book. I really enjoy it in the tradition of an author that can take a small town and weave a story of real life and capture my mind ...well.. I really am enjoying it. I don't want it to end.

Kaye - Awh thanks.. It is a pleasure to be wanted and hunted down. Thank you. I think Nicholas and Alexandra sounds good. I will be checking in for your review. Thanks for the comment.

Jenny - I am going to pick a challenge or two this am. I can't wait. I feel it might be the Outlander one since I failed last years challenge...and maybe the Ebook one..but there is also a Historical fiction one...sigh..sigh.sigh

Ladytink - I am not finding Breaking Dawn as good as the others but I am enjoying it as it is the end.

Hey everyone. Thanks for the comments and blog love. Have a great week and Holiday season.

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

It's so hard to juggle everything - sometimes you just have to "mark all read" in your Google Reader!

I loved OLIVE KITTERIDGE! I haven't read P&P AND ZOMBIES or BREAKING DAWN.

I'm reading a YA novel now, WHAT I MEANT by Marie Lamba; it's quite good!