Welcome to A Circle of Books.

Please visit Toni/CoolpinkOne (ME!!) at my new blog:

WWW.THE SOAPYVIOLINIST.BLOGSPOT.COM

Hello and welcome to my book blog. This blog is dedicated to books everywhere and the people who write and read them. Thank you for stopping by.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Water for Elephants, Sara Gruen - Review

I finished reading this book after the first of this year.  I really enjoyed this book.  GREAT storytelling, and a few adorable characters made the book one of my favorites in a long time.  I adored the book.  There are heartbreaking parts in the story, and I had a hard time as I grimaced through the animal abuse.  But it added a validity and realness to the story.    It was a beautiful story.

I give this book five stars.    And I have to note that I watched the movie within a week or so of finishing the book.  It was wonderful.  Almost as good as the book.  The circus essence of the story was not lost in the movie.  The book, however, had a special message about aging that was not presented in the movie.


Happy New Year to all.  

2012 is here!!!!  I am still reading, knitting, spinning and now learning to play the violin.  (so very exciting)

I have some books to  announce and I hope to host a few giveaways.   I am still out here, ever so quietly.


Cheers!!!
Toni

8 comments:

Marce said...

I have this one, everyone loves it so why don't I just read it, sigh

Sounds like such a surprise lovely read. Glad you liked the movie also, I will watch it after once I do read it.

Happy 2012 to you also

Anonymous said...

I liked this book as well (http://manoflabook.com/wp/?p=720). I thought Ms. Gruen's man­aged to take an out­ra­geous premise, com­bined with roman­ti­cism and make it enjoy­able.

bermudaonion said...

I loved this book too!

Kate Scott said...

I haven't read this one yet, probably because the movie didn't look too appealing to me. But I'm sure the book is much better than the movie, so I suppose I should give it a try!

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

I've had this book for some time and I'm ashamed to say I haven't read it yet nor have I seen the movie. You've reminded me that I need to put this on the top of my stack!

My Novel Thoughts said...

I enjoyed the book and movie too. I agree, the animal abuse was hard to read/watch.

Amritorupa Kanjilal said...

The movie is not one of my favorites, but your review makes me want to read the book.
First time on your blog, and I liked it so much! your taste in books is really awesome, and your reviews are crisp and delightful. Following you now!
Please visit me at my book blog at http://riversihaveknown.wordpress.com/
If you like the blog, please follow. it would be really cool to have discussions with you about books in the comments!
Thank you!

Top Criminal Defense Attorneys Plano, view site said...

I truly enjoyed the book, and wish that she would write a sequel of their life with Ringling. That's the trouble with finishing a good book... your "relationship" with its characters must come to an end. I miss them.