Welcome to A Circle of Books.

Please visit Toni/CoolpinkOne (ME!!) at my new blog:

WWW.THE SOAPYVIOLINIST.BLOGSPOT.COM

Hello and welcome to my book blog. This blog is dedicated to books everywhere and the people who write and read them. Thank you for stopping by.

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Reading From My Shelves 2010 Challenge

Here it is. Challenge number two for me!
This challenge is hosted by Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea. You have to check it out. To me this is almost a Blogger Community Service Challenge! The Challenge is as simple as this.

Go over to Bibliophile by the Sea and:
  • grab the button
  • decide how many books you want to read from your shelves (minimum of 20 - no maximum)
  • find a new home for the books once you read them
  • post the titles and the authors of books you've read and passed on
  • project runs from January 1, 2010 through December 31, 2010
  • crossover challenge books are allowed
I am committing to reading 20 books from my shelves. And I will pass them along when I am finished.

This is where I will keep track of my progress. I want to read these books for this challenge. (I will red and bold text the books as I read).

  1. Signora Da Vinci, Robin Maxwell
  2. The Piano Teacher, Janice Y. K. Lee
  3. When Everything Changed, The Amazing Journey of American Woman from 1960 to present, Gail Collins
  4. The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, Jamie Ford
  5. Everyone is Beautiful, Katherine Center
  6. The Italian Lover, Robert Hellenga
  7. The Puzzle King, Betsy Carter
  8. A Friend of the Family, Lauren Grodstein
  9. The Darcy's and the Bingley's, Marsha Altman The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, Mary Anne Shaffer and Annie Barrows.
  10. The Heretics Daughter, Kathleen Kent
  11. Sacred Hearts, Sarah Dunant
  12. The Help, Kathryn Stockett
  13. The Day The Falls Stood Still, Cathy Marie Buchanan
  14. Scottsboro, Ellen Feldman
  15. The White Queen, Philippa Gregory
  16. Taltos, Anne Rice
  17. Cane River, Lalita Tademy
  18. 7th Heaven, James Patterson
  19. The Bell Jar, Sylvia Plath
  20. Testimony, Anita Shreve
Wish me luck!


*** edited to correct duplicate book and fill in book #20!!

9 comments:

rhapsodyinbooks said...

You've got some very good ones in that list. Good luck with the challenge!

bermudaonion said...

This is a great challenge! Good luck!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Toni...so happy you joined this challenge. Hopefully, you will have fun and clean off some shelves as well. ENJOY

Katherine Center said...

So fun to see Everyone Is Beautiful on your list! I have a new novel coming out in April, so hopefully it'll make it onto one of those spaces you've cleared on your shelf!
Warmly,
Katherine Center

Veens said...

That's a good one, and you have some great books also; books that have been in my wishlist for sometime!

Pooja said...

It’s a very nice and good list of books for reading time. This article will inspire everyone to start reading books. I am interested to join in the challenge and what I have to do for that? Just want to know the things around. The book “Everyone is Beautiful, Katherine Center” is a very nice one and even I can’t forget the words it has. Some of the books in the listing are all time favorites for the people who love to read books.

As reading books will give a good knowledge and power everyone has to make a habit of reading books at least half an hour a day so that the person may forget his worries and tensions. People who read books at bedtime will get good sleep and feel comfortable too.

All the best for the challenge!

Kaye said...

Wow, You've got some great books on there. The Italian Lover, The Help and Hotel on the Corner were great! check #'s 2 & 15 - both The Piano Teacher. It's a great book, hope you like it.

Toni said...

Oops.. thanks Kaye.. I have a duplicate... off to fix it and add book number 20. :)

Darlene said...

Yahoooooo-glad you're joining Toni!