Welcome to A Circle of Books.

Please visit Toni/CoolpinkOne (ME!!) at my new blog:

WWW.THE SOAPYVIOLINIST.BLOGSPOT.COM

Hello and welcome to my book blog. This blog is dedicated to books everywhere and the people who write and read them. Thank you for stopping by.

Friday, March 20, 2009

All Time Favorite Poem - William Wordsworth


This is my all time favorite poem. I am also excited to be reading in April ... Annette Vallon. ( The story of Wordsworth's mistress) I have been waiting to share my favorite poem for when I post on the book, or for daffodil days, but today I just couldn't resist.

   I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud
   I WANDERED lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:                                  10
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced; but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company:
I gazed--and gazed--but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,                               20
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.
  
I
sigh..........I love this poem.

12 comments:

Darlene said...

Toni, that is a really beautiful poem. I'm going to have to jot it down. Thanks for sharing it.

Book Lover Lisa said...

one of my favorite wordsworth's. makes me want to dig out some poetry. it has been awhile.

Serena said...

I adore this poem and it is in one of those love poem anthologies I have! Thanks for reminding me of it.

Ti said...

There are only certain poems that hold my attention and this is one of them. It's lovely.

Wanda said...

Living in California, I'm sure you'll see daffodils long before I do Toni .. but this poem is a lovely reminder of things to come. :)

Toni said...

Hi Dar... I love this one also.

BL- Lisa.. There is another that I really like. I will have to dig it up. It is about a little reaper girl. Very sweet.

Serena.. I have the nice little poetry book called William Wordsworth, the eternal romantic.. it is nice.


Ti.. I am with you. I have never had much of a head for understanding poetry. I did have some really good lit professors in college.. they made a difference.. well when I was in the class at least. :)

Wanda... I have a bunch that hubby brought home tonight.. the little buds from Trader Joes... It was such a coincidence... He doesn't read this blog. It is a great surprise.

I am going to be blog hopping and catching up with everyone soon! I can see there are a lot of new reviews out there. :)

Alyce said...

I haven't read this one since high school and I have to say that I appreciate it more as an adult. I don't remember exactly where, but I know I saw some daffodils around the neighborhood today.

Maggs said...

I love poetry Toni.

I have just nominated you to receive the “When Life Gives You Lemons” blog award on my Margo Treehugger Blog.

Jo-Jo said...

This is simply beautiful! Thanks for sharing it Toni...I also wanted to let you know that I gave you an award here.

kalea_kane said...

Incredible poem, Toni. Thank you so much for sharing. :)

Kelly :)

Wrighty said...

That is a beautiful poem and I can't wait for the daffodils! You're going to love this but I've given you an award here. I know it can be a pain but you are very deserving! :)

Unknown said...

"I wandered lonely as a cloud" a nice poem by wordsworth..Please share more wordsworth creations here..

shobin
Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step