Welcome to A Circle of Books.

Please visit Toni/CoolpinkOne (ME!!) at my new blog:

WWW.THE SOAPYVIOLINIST.BLOGSPOT.COM

Hello and welcome to my book blog. This blog is dedicated to books everywhere and the people who write and read them. Thank you for stopping by.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

My Girl


Just a happy photo to share with everyone....with a silly story.

My daughter came home for Christmas! What a good time I had with her. Jessica is just the Best!

Funny little story. I booked the travel a few months in advance. And I did double checked her flight time the night before. (so I thought) I thought I had plenty of time to tidy up and get ready for her visit as her flight didn't arrive until 10 pm Monday evening. Even though I thought to myself "why did I book a flight that late, it really cuts the visit short." Oh well....

So on Monday morning I get a call at 6 AM or so in the morning and it was an exuberant Jessi talking away. I was groggy and didn't really panic when she said she was in Denver.." yeah yeah honey, hugs and kisses....can't wait to see you too..mmm" I layed my head on the pillow and "what??" Uh.. yeah.. if she was in Denver then she would be home in a three hours!!!!... Aye Aye Aye!!! a quick rush to the computer to verify the time. Oh my gosh! Hubby and I got up and finished the housework and showered and picked her up.... about five minutes late.... she was still waiting for luggage... Anyway.. as you can tell by now her plane was to arrive at 10 AM not PM.

I am so glad she called or I would have been in sweats at Walmart or something and I would have had one ticked off daughter thinking that I forgot about her. Ha ha.... not really funny if you know my Jess. Uh.. don't be late or forget about Jess... or..... Well.... It is funny NOW... that everything turned out.

It was wonderful to have her home for the holidays.

PS. Dexter loves her too!

11 comments:

Jenn's Bookshelves said...

I'm so glad Jess got to come home for Christmas. You both look great! Classic story; happens to the best of us :)

Toni said...

Thanks Jenn... it was a great visit. :)

kalea_kane said...

How wonderful to see your daughter. :) She is a lovely girl. :)

Alyce said...

That was funny. I'm glad it worked out so well in the long run though!

Anna said...

I'm glad that you got to spend Christmas together. That's wonderful. Hope your holidays were great!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Darlene said...

Great post Toni. I'm glad you had such a nice time with Jessi. I love the pics-the one of both you is just precious.

Jo-Jo said...

It sounds like you had a fun time together and everything worked out. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Toni said...

Kalea, Alyce, Anna, Dar and Jo-Jo. Thank you so much for the comments. The holidays were great and book bloggers are so supportive. Thank you and Happy New Year.

Kaye said...

Hi Toni I am giving you the Butterfly award so stop by my blog and pick up the award logo, etc
Have a fun day!

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful she got to come home! Love the puppy kisses. :)

Serena said...

I love the photos...LOL I've done that before forgotten the time of a flight or mixed up the AM or PM, though its usually when picking up a visiting friend at the airport...lol