Welcome to A Circle of Books.

Please visit Toni/CoolpinkOne (ME!!) at my new blog:

WWW.THE SOAPYVIOLINIST.BLOGSPOT.COM

Hello and welcome to my book blog. This blog is dedicated to books everywhere and the people who write and read them. Thank you for stopping by.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Chunkster Challenge - I am doing it!


Yep.. I am in! Here are the rules: (See full Details here)

*A chunkster is 450 pages or more of ADULT literature (fiction or nonfiction) Don't complain folks, I read all thousands of pages of the Twilight series and they were good, but not a challenge. A chunkster should be a challenge.
*If you read large type books your book will need to be 525 pages or more I asked around and the average LT book is 10-15% longer or more so I think that was a fair estimate.
*No Audio books in the chunkster. It just doesn't seem right. Words on paper for this one folks.
* You may start any time after signing up. You must complete your reads before or on Nov 15th.
*Short Stories and Essay collections will not be counted.
*Books may crossover with other challenges (see option 4 for a collaborative effort with TBR challenge)
*Only option 4 requires that you make a set list of books to complete the challenge

For My Challenge I am going to be:

*Do These Books Make my Butt Look Big? - this option is for the slightly heavier reader who wants to commit to 3-5 Chunksters over the next ten months.

My Selections:

Drood, by Dan Simmons
Annette Vallon, by James Tipton
Helen of Troy, Margaret George


9 comments:

Jo-Jo said...

I signed up for this one too. Hey, I have Helen of Troy on my shelf at home...Maybe I should add that one too!

Alyce said...

I just love the category title! :) I'm signed up for this challenge too (but for the more-book-ly obese category). I held back from requesting Drood partly because of the length.

Darlene said...

Glad you're joining in Toni. I'm doing Annette Valon too. I'd love to read Helen of Troy as I do have it but I don't see that happening this year anymore. Good luck with the challenge.

Toni said...

Hello Jo-Jo, Alyce and Dar!! I think this is going to be fun!!!!

I really love big books!!!!!!!!

Amy said...

I'll be tackling Drood as well.. :)

Kaye said...

Hey Toni, if you want to add a really good one to your list, in case you don't have enough to read this year. Yeah, right! The Seamstress by Frances de Pontes Peebles is excellent. It is her first book. I think it is close to 700 pages but what a story. I loved it!

Anonymous said...

I've joined this one too. I didn't make it last year, but I got in late. This time, I am starting on time. :)

Serena said...

Good luck with this beast of a challenge.

Toni said...

Amy, Kaye, J. Kaye I think we are going to have a blast.

Serena... thank you... I will have to see if you are participating too!!

Yep... Chunkster Challenge is ON!!!!