Welcome to A Circle of Books.

Please visit Toni/CoolpinkOne (ME!!) at my new blog:

WWW.THE SOAPYVIOLINIST.BLOGSPOT.COM

Hello and welcome to my book blog. This blog is dedicated to books everywhere and the people who write and read them. Thank you for stopping by.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Star Gazing, by Linda Gillard - Review






Linda Gillard Web-site
I recommend visiting this site. It in itself is a treat.



My Review:

I really enjoyed this book. (Understatement). I was enchanted throughout the entire story. The characters are brave and headstrong and yet each vulnerable. I won't go so far as to say flawed as they are just so very human. The writing is lyrical and descriptive. It is also comsuming and addicting. So many times I paused while reading to imagine a setting, a situation or a sensation. This book is a treat for all the senses and a full on romantic meal for your heart and a treat to your literary taste buds. There are dramatic scenes that caused me to gasp and read faster as well as bed time "star stories" that caused me to read slowly, savor and enjoy.

At first glance one might think it is the story of the big wonderful hunk man rescuing the poor little blind girl and one might think it is some sort of damsel in distress story. That is not the case in this story. It is so much more. You will not find a weak, helpless woman waiting to be rescued. And yet at times you want her to just "be rescued." The books is passionately, sensual and a real treat.

I wish to thank Linda Gillard for sending me the autographed copy. It is one of the best treats in books I have had this year. I suspect I will have the glow of this book upon me for a while.

I came across this book on Rhapsody in Books web-site. Check Jill's review here. It is an amazing review and I just want to say...uh yeah... ."what she said." But I don't quite have that gift, but I must say I agree with it 100%.








14 comments:

Anna said...

It is one of the best treats in books I have had this year.

Awesome! I'll have to check this one out.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Mary (Bookfan) said...

You've piqued my interest! This is the first I've heard of the book. Nice review!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely review! It's inexplicable to me why U.S. publishers haven't picked this up yet! I would just add that if anyone is interested, you can order it from the U.K. and get free shipping from The Book Depository Company at http://www.bookdepository.co.uk. Prices are quite good (about half of what Amazon UK sells for) and books are sent out within 48 hours.

bermudaonion said...

I'm so glad you loved this book, because I won a copy from Rhapsody in Books. You did make me laugh when you mentioned Rhapsody's review!

Serena said...

Just popped over to check out the other review, and you are right...it is a stunning review. I really enjoyed yours as well. I will have to check out this book...sounds fantastic

Darlene said...

Wow Toni, this sounds really good. It must be to have had such an effect on you. I'll have to check it out.

Linda Gillard said...

I'm blessed indeed in my reviewers! Thanks, Toni, for the fantastic review. You make STAR GAZING sound like a gourmet meal. So pleased to know you enjoyed it.

Kelly said...

Wonderful website, thanks for the link. Great review!!

Thoughts of Joy said...

Never heard of this book, but with that kind of endorsement - I'm checking it out! Thanks, Toni.

Ti said...

A "romantic meal for your heart"... I just love that! Her website is a real treat too.

Unknown said...

Great review - need to read the book now! And you won on my blog - check your inbox, congrats!

kalea_kane said...

That is wonderful! It just sounds like a wonderful story. :)

Gwendolyn B. said...

Toni - oh, you've got the gift! I've been trying to remain disinterested in this book because I've go so much on my plate right now, but you've sold me! Now I'll at least get it on my wish list. And I did check out the author's website - it's a treat in itself! (Oh, that's what YOU said!) ;)

Jenny Girl said...

Oh awesome! I'm glad you enjoyed this book so much. I love books that leave you with happy feelings.