Welcome to A Circle of Books.

Please visit Toni/CoolpinkOne (ME!!) at my new blog:

WWW.THE SOAPYVIOLINIST.BLOGSPOT.COM

Hello and welcome to my book blog. This blog is dedicated to books everywhere and the people who write and read them. Thank you for stopping by.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Mailbox Monday July 20th

Hello and Welcome to Mailbox Monday!!

Hosted by Marcia at the Printed Page.

I didn't get my post ready and was going to skip. But as I went around commenting, I thought... I want to share too! So here is my quick post.

This week I got The Brutal Telling, by Louise Penny.

and

I won a copy of Fyodor Dostoyevsky's, A Disgraceful Affair from The Bluestocking Society.
I won a drawing there. Thank you Jessica.


On a somber note, rest in peace Frank McCourt
Francis "Frank" McCourt (19 August 1930 - 19 July 2009) was an Irish-American teacher and Pulitzer Prize-winning author, best known as the author of Angela's Ashes

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got The Brutal Telling too. In fact, I got two, for some bizarre reason!

Serena said...

I have not read this Fyodor Dostoyevsky work. My attempt at reading Brothers Karamazov failed, but I enjoyed Crime & Punishment.

Unknown said...

I received The Brutal Telling too! But only 1 copy! I'm going to try to start it this week.
I haven't read that Dostoyevsky. I look forward to hearing how you like it. I imagine it will be a good, challenging and interesting read as all of his books are.
So sad about Frank McCourt but it sounds like he suffered long enough.

♔ jessica.marie said...

Oh they both sound interesting, I hope you enjoy reading them! :)

bermudaonion said...

I hope you enjoy your new books!! I was sad to hear about Frank McCourt's passing too.

Margot said...

I hadn't heard about Frank McCourt. How sad but thanks for letting us know.

Kelly said...

I loved Angela's Ashes, RIP Frank McCourt!

I hope I get A Brutal Telling!

Darlene said...

I saw the Brutal Telling on Shelf Awareness but didn't request it. I wasn't sure it was for me. I look forward to hearing what you think of it when you get to it. Yes, very sad about Frank McCourt. Remember when we read Angela's Ashes? That was such a good book.

Anna said...

You got some interesting books. My Mailbox post is here.

So sad about McCourt. He was a very gifted story-teller.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Sheila DeChantal said...

I am currently reading Angela's Ashes. I started while he was sick.... I think it made me feel closer to him as he went through his final days.

An amazing author.