Welcome to A Circle of Books.

Please visit Toni/CoolpinkOne (ME!!) at my new blog:

WWW.THE SOAPYVIOLINIST.BLOGSPOT.COM

Hello and welcome to my book blog. This blog is dedicated to books everywhere and the people who write and read them. Thank you for stopping by.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Quick, cheap and easy Chicken, Asparagus and Rice Bake

Quick, cheap and easy Chicken, Asparagus and Rice Bake
(not a book post....sigh)

This is the second time I tried this concoction. It is pretty good.



I just took a Chicken Fajita Rice a Roni Mix. I dumped the ingredients into a pan, with the recommended amount of water (2.25 cups), and two tablespoons butter/margarine. Then I added about cup or two of chopped asparagus, and 1/4 cup chopped onion (optional). I brought it to a simmer/boil and poured it it to a 13 x 9 skillet and added Chicken breast. Cover with Aluminum foil and bake at 375 for 35 minutes or so.

It is very tastey! I mean it can be done with broth, seasonings, and rice from scratch... but this is a quick and easy way. If you are trying to eat healthy I bet you can do it with brown rice, and broccoli...mmmmm.... and omit the margarine.




So the end result picture isn't so great. But it really tastes good.

On another note I made this really good turkey club sandwich today. It was great. I think it was about 10-12 WW points. But it was 1/2 for breakfast and 1/2 for lunch. I have been full all day. Contents: Bacon, avocado, lettuce, tomato, turkey and three slices (Yep, a double decker) of bread toasted.


Curious if I have been reading? Yes I have. Three books at once. But not too much. I hope to have some July reviews. Sorry for the lack of reading content. I had the day off and I knitted, cooked and ate. I will be checking in blog land soon. I had to borrow my son's key board, it looks like mine is broken.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Lets close with a Dex shot. I think he is saying....
"Why won't she sit down and read"

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the casserole looks wonderful!

Ti said...

When you posted the warning about it not looking so good I braced for the worse but it looked REALLY good to this Game On-er.

Anonymous said...

YUM! Looks good and very healthy. I must give that a try.

Vicki

Mary (Bookfan) said...

The chicken recipe sounds delish. I copied it and will try it soon! Thanks :)

The sandwich looks yummy!

bermudaonion said...

The chicken looks good and simple to create. Thanks for sharing.

Margot said...

I like the look of your breakfast and lunch. You're making me hungry. Glad you had fun knitting.

kalea_kane said...

The after picture looks great to me! Toni you got my tummy growling!

ANovelMenagerie said...

Now I'm hungry.

Dex and Claire have the same expression!

Alyce said...

I never get tired of Dex photos! I'd love to try the casserole, but unfortunately my husband has a "no casserole" rule in our house. He just won't eat them. We've had similar sandwich though - yummy!

Serena said...

dex is too cute...sounds like you are having fun even if you are not reading all of the time.

Darlene said...

That sounds and looks so yummy Toni. The club sandwich looks sooooo good-they are one of my favorite sandwich's. As usual, Dex is the man. Gosh he's cute! Give him a squeeze from Auntie Dar.

Anonymous said...

I love me some chicken. I love asparagus too!! It looks yummy, so I'm going to try it.

Jenny Girl said...

This looks delish! I may try this later in the week. Lately I've been buying the already cooked rotisserie chickens, seasoned with sea salt and black pepper. I have been uber-lazy!

Sometimes reading needs a break too. No need to apologize. I completely feel you.