Welcome to A Circle of Books.

Please visit Toni/CoolpinkOne (ME!!) at my new blog:

WWW.THE SOAPYVIOLINIST.BLOGSPOT.COM

Hello and welcome to my book blog. This blog is dedicated to books everywhere and the people who write and read them. Thank you for stopping by.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Kate Jacobs- Book Club "Visit"


Last night my online book club, The Page Turners had a special guest. Kate Jacobs logged on to yahoo messenger and join in for an online books discussion of Knit Two.Link

It was such a great experience for our club The Page Turners. We all had so much to talk about. It ended up being 18 pages of text! Wow! Kate knows and loves her characters in the book. It was awesome to be able to ask questions about the characters, as well as what inspired different plots within the book. It was a wonderful (and exciting) time talking to a wonderful group of women about another wonderful group of women. We all feel really connected to the members of the Friday Night Knitting Club.

It was nice talking to Kate about the characters because it confirms that the book is not just fluff and puff. The characters in the book are complex and they undergo changes and suffer loss just like the real world mothers, daughters, sister, and friends.

Please visit Kate's Website: Link
Once again the Book is: Knit Two, by Kate Jacobs. (click her for chapter one excerpt)

Thank you Kate Jacobs.

8 comments:

Ti said...

How wonderful that your group was able to converse with her this way. I LOVE the internet and don't know how we lived with out it before.

I want to read these books. They have been on my list for a long time.

Jenn's Bookshelves said...

It was pretty amazing! I'm going to post some excepts of the chat tonight on my blog.

BTW Toni---LOVE your Drood countdown! :)

Serena said...

Wow this sounds like a great book club!

Where did you get that Drood Countdown!?! I want one!

Toni said...

Hi Ti - It was a great time. I hope we get to do it again.


Jenn- I agree pretty amazing! Can't wait to read your post. I will link up with You and Dar afterward.

Serena - The countdown... Sweet Dar from Peeking between the Pages helped me find it. It is: http://www.languageisavirus.com/nanowrimo/word-meter.html

Darlene said...

Great post Toni. It was lots of fun. I'm going to do up a post this evening.

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow! That sounds like so much fun. Glad you enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

I love the Drood counter too!!! :)

Toni said...

Thanks Dar... can't wait to see your thoughts.

Bermudiaonion ... It was a great time. It was a real "high" for our book club.

Miriam - I am getting into Drood seriously this week. I think it starts out AWESOME! Clever and interesting writing.