Welcome to A Circle of Books.

Please visit Toni/CoolpinkOne (ME!!) at my new blog:

WWW.THE SOAPYVIOLINIST.BLOGSPOT.COM

Hello and welcome to my book blog. This blog is dedicated to books everywhere and the people who write and read them. Thank you for stopping by.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mailbox Monday 1/4/2010




Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page. It is a great way to share what books came into your home in the previous week.

Happy New Year and here is my mailbox from TWO weeks.

I won a Virtual Poetry Package from Savvy Verse and Wit and I have been having little packages arrive for the past few weeks. Talk about a huge treat. Thank you Serena.

The books I received are:

Poet Lore, a magazine of The Writer's Center in Bethesda, Md.
Carta Marina by Ann Fisher Wirth
Green Bodies by Rosemary Winslow
The Complete Poems of John Keats
- Nice hard cover addition
Fair Creatures of an Hour by Lynn Levin

John Amen's More of Me Disappears

I am so pleased to add these books to my poetry collection. I left a few comments on Serena's Virtual Poetry Circle. I was tickled as can be to have won. You should check it out. Sometimes I feel a bit inferior to comment on a poem, but it really is fun and no pressure at all.

From Algonquin Books - A Reliable Wife, by Robert Goolrick. (I started it this weekend... so check back for a review. Don't forget to check out my ARC giveaway)

From Amy at Passages to the Past - Her Mother's Daughter by Julianne Lee. Thank you Amy!!

I got my vogue knitting magazine in the mail also. I do read it and it is a delicious treat.

Have a great week everyone.


19 comments:

bermudaonion said...

It looks like you've gotten some good reading to look forward to. Enjoy!

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

Great assortment of poetry books! I'll be watching for your Reliable Wife review. I can't decide if it's a book for me. Happy reading!

Ti said...

Everyone is reading Reliable Wife right now...except me! I always seem to miss the boat when it comes to trends.

Literary Feline said...

Ooo! Such bookish delights! Enjoy your new books, Toni!

rhapsodyinbooks said...

I haven't read Reliable Wife yet either! I love seeing the prizes Serena gives out - she is so wonderful at that! Lucky you to have won one of them!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I bought A Reliable Wife months ago and still haven't read it. I need to this year. Enjoy your nice wins!

Wall-to-wall books said...

Wow, looks like you got a lot of really nice stuff!

Passages to the Past said...

I need some of your good luck Toni - I never win giveaways!

Happy Reading!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

What a Merry Christmas!

You'll be enjoying these for awhile...

My post:

http://laurelrainsnowcreations.blogspot.com/2010/01/mailbox-monday.html

Susan O'Bryant said...

What a nice and eclectic selection! Hope you enjoy reading all of them.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Congratulation on the poetry pack - it looks awesome! Enjoy all your great reads!

Bonnie said...

The poetry package looks wonderful. It's always fun to receive packages in the mail and getting them seperately must have been fun! I haven't read The Reliable Wife and it's been on my wishlist.

Serena said...

I hope you enjoy the poetry! I think there is one more book coming your way!

DCMetroreader said...

Congrats on the nice prize win!

Also, will look forward to your review of A Reliable Wife!

Kim said...

What a full mailbox! Lots to enjoy in that bunch.
*smiles*

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

Wow! Lucky you! Some great books in there Toni. I absolutely love Algonquin! Some of the best books I've read have been from them. Hope you're loving a Reliable Wife!

Luanne said...

Lots of good stuff! I really enjoyed A Reliable Wife (but like the Canadian cover better,

Anna said...

I just received my last poetry package. I liked receiving them here and there. Happy reading!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Wrighty said...

The Virtual Poetry Package sounds amazing and so clever! The books looks very good too. I haven't read any of them yet but I'll be looking for them! Enjoy!