Welcome to A Circle of Books.

Please visit Toni/CoolpinkOne (ME!!) at my new blog:

WWW.THE SOAPYVIOLINIST.BLOGSPOT.COM

Hello and welcome to my book blog. This blog is dedicated to books everywhere and the people who write and read them. Thank you for stopping by.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Super Cheap and Easy Pizza

Super Cheap and Easy Pizza

I am home sick with a pretty bad cold. But hey! I am hungry and I am not so sick that
I can't watch a movie. (Thank you Red Box) But definitely not up to pressing garlic, mashing tomatoes. So I made a really Cheap Pizza.

A while ago I bought this packet of mix from Wal-Mart. Cheap.. 49 cent.. maybe .79? Anyway..
I thought I'd give it a shot.

You add 1/2 cup HOT water, mush it up for about 20 strokes, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.

Grease the pan. Press the dough with your hands right on the pan. I used heavily floured hands.

I added Pizza quick sauce, bagged mozzarella, and turkey pepperoni, grated Parmesan cheese, and some mixed Italian seasoning.

Now... I like homemade sauce with fresh garlic and oregano, and I usually always grate my own cheese, and fresh grated Parmesan is much better.. I know all these things... but that is a different pizza on a different day. My stuffy head really might not even appreciate a real pizza pie today.

We have a lot of french bread pizza.. I had the sauce but it is really only about 99 cents at the store..... Super Cheap and Easy Pizza requires inexpensive sauce.

The clean up... no problem...

12-17 minutes in the oven. 450... (bottom rack)

So my result was 13 minutes in 450. I think that 12 minutes would have been better... this one is a bit over done..... I could seriously attempt again.. as it only takes about 10 minutes to make.. but there is no one here to eat it.


**** added WW info.
The crust for 1/4 of a pizza is 3 WW points.
The cheese per 1/4 cup is 4 WW points.
The Pepperoni for 17 pieces is about 2 pts.


13 comments:

Missy B. said...

I love well-done pizza, it looks good! Thanks for the tips on ingredients. It is over $20.00 to have a pizza delivered now...time to start making my own. :)

Toni said...

Thanks Missy.. I am thinking that the crust was a bit dense... I might let it rise a little longer and maybe even make it thinner next time. Also.. less cheese and more sauce next time. It wasn't gourmet but it was a good little treat.

Jenn's Bookshelves said...

I'm sorry you are still under the weather :(. The pizza looks delicious! What movie are you watching!?

Ti said...

It sucks to be sick but when you've got comfort food around at least it helps a little bit :) That pizza looks pretty good. I am drooling.

What movie did you get?

Toni said...

Nights in Rodanthe is the movie...

Missy B. said...

Ohhh, that is a good one. Enjoy it!

Darlene said...

Sorry you're still not feeling well Toni. That pizza looks yummy but still it seems like a lot of work. lol. Buying pizza here anywhere but the cheap, icky places is really quite expensive now-to have delivered-at least$30. Too rich for me-I buy the grocery store kind or make mini ones on wraps.

Desert Rose said...

Sorry you are not feeling good :( but the pizza looks delicious.. I hope it lifted your spirits up... any leftovers for me :)

Kaye said...

hi Toni, this is so funny, we are making pizza for supper tonight. I go to Walmart also but I buy the Martha White pizza crust mix in the envelope. I think's it's .69 cents or something, a few cents more than Walmart's brand but it is worth it. It's for a thinner crust. The one thing I do is turn the oven down 25 degrees. I just use a jarred sauce for this and packaged shredded mozzarella. Throw on some chopped peppers and onions and yum yum supper in no time for those nights you just don't feel like doing much. We cook ours on a pizza stone and that seems to make a nice crust as opposed to a pan. Enjoy your pizza, I hope you feel better soon.

The Book Resort said...

Feel better = }. How delish does this lQQk. Yum. I love the turkey pepperoni, too = p.
It is made the way I love ~ crispy & tasty.
Take it E~z.
Thanks, DeSeRt 4 the tip = }.

Luanne said...

Sorry you're feeling crappy, but boy does that pizza look good!

kalea_kane said...

Sweetie! It looks pretty darn good to me. Now I am off to make my super cheap pasta and sauce. :) I hope this comment finds you feeling MUCH better. :)

Kelly

Kaye said...

hi Toni, I just given you an award. Stop by at your convenience and pick up the logo. Thanks! hope you're feeling better.